Current retained clients
West Chester, PA
Rajant develops mobile wireless mesh networking solutions and tools. Founded in 2002, their products are used by military, government, industrial, transportation, and utility customers.
- Their unique technology offerings provide unique technical challenges to their employees.
- Engineering-friendly culture with lots of autonomy.
Open position: Software Engineer
Vistar Media is a profitable four-year-old software firm building an advertising platform so brands can reach consumers based on behavior in the physical world. They work with enormous data sets to understand where consumers go throughout the day using geospatial technology.
- Founder team includes former Invite Media execs (bought by Google in 2010)
- Tech stack includes Scala, Go, Spark, EC2
- Strong, small dev team
Open position: Software Engineer
Blackfynn is a life-sciences software startup developing a platform to integrate, manage, share and analyze complex data to develop better drugs, devices and clinical care for neurologic disease. They already have strategic partnerships and grants that are funding their growth, and will be adding multiple new hires in the coming months. Their team is comprised of accomplished software and data professionals, and the founders are award-winning Penn professors with distinguished backgrounds in their fields.
- Build a product that is tackling problems impacting millions worldwide
- Small team of experts across multiple disciplines
- Excellent compensation, benefits, and PTO packages (3 weeks + last week of December)
- Work with a superior tech stack (Scala, Google Polymer, AWS, etc.)
Picwell is building a predictive recommendation engine for selecting health plans that uses complex algorithms, Big Data, and machine learning technologies. Their clients include large insurance providers, brokers, and employers. The company closed $7M in investment in early 2016.
- Led by former insurance executive and a startup veteran.
- Investors include investment arms of the insurance industry, providing a direct link to customers.
Open position: Lead Python Developer
Jacquette Consulting is a 15 year old regional consulting firm providing technical solutions to small and mid-sized businesses. They offer a close-knit startup culture, a variety of projects, and a mature benefits package.
Open positions: Polyglot Consultant
The University of Pennsylvania is Philadelphia's largest private employer and consistently ranks as a top 10 university in the US. Our client is working on the multi-national EuPathDB project. The project consists of multiple web sites including PlasmoDB.org, a high-profile scientific website and data mining platform used by researchers worldwide in efforts to learn more about the parasite that causes malaria. The project is funded by the National Institute of Health (NIH) and led by principal investigator and renowned Penn microbiologist David Roos.
- Opportunity to contribute to world health issues
- Extensive benefits including tuition assistance
- Work/life balance and generous paid time off
Automated Financial Systems is an established 30+ year old financial software company with approximately 300 combined employees in both the US and Europe. They have a long list of clients that include some of the most successful banks in the world, and the company has a long history of steady growth.
- Opportunity to work for a mature organization offering tremendous work/life balance and benefits
- Technology stack is primarily based on a Java platform and includes proprietary frameworks, while continuing to modernize their product offerings and tools
Open position: Java Developer
Remote (based in Dallas, TX)
Insurance Technology Services is a small, established insurance technology consulting company experiencing increased demand and looking to grow. The company has been in business since 1989, and has recently developed specialized and complex cloud-based data migration solutions for their clients.
- Creative startup culture empowering developers to innovate.
- 100% remote work.
- Opportunity to work in a small, accomplished team using collaboration tools.
Open positions: Remote Java Developer
Philadelphia Metro, PA
Chariot Solutions is a leading specialty software consulting and development firm established in 2002, serving clients in Philadelphia and the region. They have one of the most respected technical teams in the area and are dedicated to keeping their employees educated on new technologies.
- Voted #1 Small Company in 2016 for the Philly region
- Excellent benefits include 100% paid health insurance for employees and their dependents, and perks like conference attendance and training.
- Work with some of the best and brightest developers in the region.
Azavea is a B Corporation (explanation) that specializes in building web or mobile tools and applications that enable the visualization of geographic data, with a heavy focus on projects with strong social and civic value. Azavea's clients include local government, non-profit, and academic entities from across the US.
- Socially-conscious firm committed to making a difference
- Strong believers in and contributors to open source
- Respectful of employees with 100% paid insurance for families, work/life balance, and generous PTO
Open positions: None current
West Chester, PA
SCOIR (pronounced like "score") is a funded startup building the first true network to enable mutual discovery and engagement between high school students and college admissions. SCOIR’s mission is to help combat opportunity inequality by creating broader and more transparent pathways for college education. Founded on the principle that students are more than SATs and GPAs, SCOIR has designed a science-based approach for students to build holistic profiles showcasing their multitude of skills, achievements and capabilities.
- Startup environment with 100% paid health, open vacation, equity, and market salaries
- Tech stack includes Go, Node.js, Angular.js with a small experienced team
Bakround is a startup that has built a software product to help hiring companies and agencies calculate how well an applicant's qualifications meet job requirements (like a FICO score but for job seekers). The product uses cutting-edge scoring algorithms and career path analytics. A pilot product has been launched with a regional staffing agency. The company is the founder's fourth entrepreneurial technology venture, with three successful past exits.
- Ground floor opportunity with equity offering
- Rare chance to build a product from scratch and lead decisions on roadmap, strategy, and tools
Open positions: None current
HealthVerity was founded in 2014 by experienced execs to build a unique software platform for healthcare data and patient informatics. Engineers are solving complex informatics, data privacy/anonymization, and mobile data analytics and geolocation problems with the newest tech. They received a $7M Series A round in early 2016 and a $10M Series B in April 2017.
- Founders experienced building health data analytics firms
- Stack includes Python, Scala, Ember.js, Spark, Hadoop
- They value learning and are open to intellectually curious engineers from a variety of backgrounds
Open positions: Data Analyst
New York, NY (with a remote technical team)
fuboTV is a video streaming startup focused on soccer and live sports content in HD quality. fuboTV users can stream live matches from La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1 and Primeira Liga among other top leagues and tournaments from desktops, mobile phone, Roku, Chromecast and Amazon Fire TV. The company received $15MM in funding in early 2016.
- Competitive salaries, 100% paid health insurance option for employees, and opportunity to work for a funded startup with traction
- Tech stack includes Node.js and Go, with offerings for a multitude of devices
Mt. Laurel, NJ
GrayHair Software is a profitable, privately held 15 year old software firm that builds a cloud-based platform /SaaS solution for companies and marketers using direct mail. They currently have about 50 employees and use Java technologies in an Agile development environment.
- Opportunity to mentor developers and provide architectural direction on their product
- Competitive salary, one day per week of remote work and eight days of paid volunteer work
Open position: None currently available