Angular and React Developer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Chariot Solutions is a software consulting firm made up of a tight knit group that consists of some of the Philadelphia area's most accomplished technical professionals. They are software developers, architects, tinkerers, and experts, and they were awarded the #1 Top Small Workplace in Philly for the third time!
Chariot typically develops back-end applications in Java/Spring, Scala or NodeJS.
The skills required for this position include:
- Excellent problem-solving, communication and analytical skills
- Thorough understanding of AngularJS or React (though developers with practical experience with Ember or another front-end framework and an interest to learn Angular, Angular2 or React will also be considered)
- Understanding of responsive design concepts (media queries, etc.)
- Ability to unit test front-end applications with Jasmine/QUnit/Mocha or web test with Selenium, Protractor
- Able to configure front-end build environments with Gulp/Grunt, NPM scripts, etc.
- Comfort with one or more application development platforms/frameworks: NodeJS/ExpressJS, Spring/Spring Boot, Scala/Play, Ruby/Rails, or Python/Django
Bonus points and strong consideration given to:
- PhoneGap / Cordova, Ionic a big plus
- Angular2 knowledge a big plus
- Mobile technologies: iOS, Android native applications
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL (Riak, Cassandra, MongoDb, etc.)
- Scala or Java Play framework
Chariot works with a wide variety of technologies and solve an even wider variety of problems. A full stack skill set is vital, as is the ability to pick up and run with new technologies.
Sample domains include:
- Energy usage forecasting
- Video on-demand streaming analytics
- Real time GPS to road network mapping through noise and data loss
- Mobile home security and automation applications
- Clinical trial data management enterprise applications
- Take a look at some of their case studies
Chariot only hires the best and brightest in the area, and the firm works hard to make sure that its employees stay that way. For example, here are some of the excellent benefits to working at Chariot:
- Paid 100% health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- Attend a tech conference of your choice every year, and also attend Philly ETE, cofounded by Chariot
- A top of the line MacBook Pro or equivalent
- Travel opportunities if you want them, and a commitment to local assignments if you don’t
- Free lunch Fridays when you’re in the office
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Company stock
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. This is not a remote position.