Location: New York, NY
fuboTV has recently received a $15MM investment and is seeking to add developers to their team. The company provides soccer fans across the globe with access to matches live in HD quality from a desktop, mobile phone, and other connected devices. The company currently has about 40K paying subscribers.
The company is now seeking a full-time Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Working with different android video players such as ExoPlayer, Nexstreaming Player, etc.
- Familiarity with HLS or other video streaming standards is a plus
Nice to have
- Experience with CI systems like CircleCI, Codeship, Travis, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with developing backend services using Go, Python, NodeJS, or Ruby
- Experience building TV applications with Android
Competitive salaries, stock options, 100% paid healthcare option (for employee) vision/dental benefits. fuboTV's offices are in Flatiron.