Location: Philadelphia, PA
Chariot Solutions is a software consulting firm made up of a tight knit group that consists of some of the Philadelphia area's most accomplished technical professionals. They are software developers, architects, tinkerers, and experts, and they were awarded the #1 Top Small Workplace in Philly for the third time!
They are looking for elite developers with professional Scala experience who are driven, passionate and love challenges along with:
- Excellent problem-solving, communication and analytical skills
- Strong grasp of functional programming constructs and approaches, with a focus on Scala
- Experience with Scala 2.10 or higher, SBT, ScalaTest, ScalaCheck
- The Lightbend Stack: Akka, Play, Slick, Akka Streams
- Fluency with SQL and/or NoSQL databases: Postgres, Riak, Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB, etc.
Bonus points and strong consideration given to:
- Reactive programming and principles
- Apache Spark, Hadoop, Steam Processing
- Kafka, RabbitMQ, Spring Integration/Batch, Camel
- Any other functional programming background including Clojure, Lisp
Chariot works with a wide variety of technologies and solve an even wider variety of problems. A full stack skill set is vital, as is the ability to pick up and run with new technologies.
Sample domains include:
- Energy usage forecasting
- Video on-demand streaming analytics
- Real time GPS to road network mapping through noise and data loss
- Mobile home security and automation applications
- Clinical trial data management enterprise applications
- Take a look at some of their case studies
Chariot only hires the best and brightest in the area, and the firm works hard to make sure that its employees stay that way. For example, here are some of the excellent benefits to working at Chariot:
- Paid 100% health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- Attend a tech conference of your choice every year, and also attend Philly ETE, cofounded by Chariot
- A top of the line MacBook Pro or equivalent
- Travel opportunities if you want them, and a commitment to local assignments if you don’t
- Free lunch Fridays when you’re in the office
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Company stock
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. This is not a remote position.