Location: Philadelphia, PA
Our client, Blackfynn, is looking for a talented front end engineer to join their team. They are a group of engineers, scientists, clinicians, and business minds tackling tough problems at the intersection of big data, research, analysis, and visualization.
Here are things that lead to being a successful engineer at Blackfynn:
- You care deeply about user experience and have strong design sensibilities.
- You sweat the small stuff, thoughtful things that delight our users.
- You're a generalist who happens to have deep knowledge in a area or two.
- You have experience building on top of a variety of APIs.
- You have experience building intuitive interfaces which solve complex tasks.
- You consider what you do a craft and deliver clean code that others can pick up.
- You're eager to review peer code and have your code reviewed.
- You're team focused, care about engineering culture, and don't have an ego.
It's a team with diverse backgrounds who value working on a product that can make a meaningful impact on society. They appreciate healthy debate, curiosity, transparency, and getting things done. They care deeply about user experience in fields where it often is lacking, and want to raise that bar. They strive to build products which are intuitive, a challenge given the complex data they manage. They are not language or library zealots, rather "right tool for the job" people. Today, those tools include:
- Web: Polymer, Node
- Frameworks: Express
- Technologies: Web sockets
- Visualization: D3
Although experience with the existing stack is great, they are interested in engineers who are able to take the complex tasks users perform and distill it down to an intuitive experience. If you've had exposure to the healthcare and life science worlds, awesome, it'll be put to good use. Above all else, we're looking for engineers who are mission driven and wish to use their talents to make a meaningful impact on people's lives.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salaries and stock options
- Generous vacation benefits
- Transportation allowance
- Excellent health benefits
Epilepsy, Alzheimer’s disease, multiple sclerosis, depression, Parkinson’s Disease and other neurologic conditions affect one in six people worldwide. Blackfynn wants to improve lives. Neuroscience data is some of the most complex in science today, and there is great need to improve access and collaboration around it. To achieve these goals, Blackfynn needs passionate, bright, collaborative, problem-solvers who want to use their skills and talents to make a positive impact in the world. Join a unique startup with an important mission.