Software Engineer, Full Stack
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Our client, Blackfynn, is looking for a talented full stack engineer to join their team. They are a group of engineers, scientists, clinicians, and business minds tackling tough problems at the intersection of big data, research, analysis, and visualization. Full stack engineers design, build, and scale features and capabilities across their entire platform.
Here are things that lead to being a successful engineer at Blackfynn:
- You're a generalist who happens to have deep knowledge in a area or two.
- You're eager to share in the ownership of a product, front to back, down to deployment.
- You have experience writing scalable applications on distributed architectures.
- You have a solid understanding of services and APIs, both as a consumer and producer.
- You consider what you do a craft and deliver clean code that others can pick up.
- You're data driven and measure results to help guide our efforts.
- You constantly seek out opportunities to automate processes and tasks.
- You're eager to review peer code and have your code reviewed.
- You're team focused, care about engineering culture, and don't have an ego.
It's a team with diverse backgrounds who value working on a product that can make a meaningful impact on society. They appreciate healthy debate, curiosity, transparency, and getting things done. They care deeply about user experience in fields where it often is lacking, and want to raise that bar. They strive to build products which are intuitive, a challenge given the complex data they manage. They are not language or library zealots, rather "right tool for the job" people. Today, those tools include:
- Frameworks & Libraries: Scalatra, Akka, Akka-Stream, Cats, Flask, Polymer, Ramda.js
- Infrastructure: AWS, Kubernetes
- Datastores: Redis, Postgres, ElasticSearch, Hbase, DynamoDB, RabbitMQ
Although experience with the existing stack is great, they are interested in engineers who are able to take the complex tasks users perform and distill it down to an intuitive experience. If you've had exposure to the healthcare and life science worlds, awesome, it'll be put to good use. Above all else, we're looking for engineers who are mission driven and wish to use their talents to make a meaningful impact on people's lives.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salaries and stock options
- Generous vacation benefits
- Transportation allowance
- Excellent health benefits
Epilepsy, Alzheimer’s disease, multiple sclerosis, depression, Parkinson’s Disease and other neurologic conditions affect one in six people worldwide. Blackfynn wants to improve lives. Neuroscience data is some of the most complex in science today, and there is great need to improve access and collaboration around it. To achieve these goals, Blackfynn needs passionate, bright, collaborative, problem-solvers who want to use their skills and talents to make a positive impact in the world. Join a unique startup with an important mission.