Location: West Chester, PA
Rajant builds mobile wireless mesh networking solutions used by military, industrial, transportation, and utilities customers worldwide. Founded in 2002, the company has a history of success and steady sustained growth. They are now seeking a Software Engineer to join their Mesh Network Management and Monitoring Team.
The Software Engineer will be working on a small growing team to build a new product, BC Enterprise, which allows customers to receive and view strategic data on historical network performance with live updates. The system includes data visualization through customized dashboards allowing for a variety of lookups on past network activity.
As an engineer with Rajant, you will:
- Define new management and monitoring APIs and protocols for mesh nodes.
- Create next-generation analytics, notifications, and responses to network events.
- Find new ways to automate complex network analysis.
- Collaborate on ideas for products that don't yet exist, and implement those ideas with the team.
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience with Java (they primarily use Java SE), with any additional experience with Python, C++, Go (Golang), and bash being helpful.
- Some understanding of computer networking (especially layers 2-3).
- Curiosity and interest in learning new things.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related
Some projects at Rajant may require security clearance.
Compensation includes competitive market salary and benefits, stock option program, and annual bonus programs. The company offers a highly technical and engineering-friendly environment and culture, where engineers enjoy a high degree of autonomy.