Location: West Chester, PA
SCOIR (pronounced like "score") is a funded startup building the first true network to enable mutual discovery and engagement between high school students and college admissions. SCOIR’s mission is to help combat opportunity inequality by creating broader and more transparent pathways for college education.
Founded on the belief that students are more than their SATs and GPAs and that colleges are more than their rankings, SCOIR is leading a revolution to transform the college admissions process from a short-term, quantitative transaction to a long-term, qualitative engagement. Utilizing the connectivity and data intelligence of the SCOIR network…
- STUDENTS discover and present themselves to colleges that best fit their personality, interests and aspirations.
- PARENTS gain advance insights into affordability and likely net tuition so families can make smarter application decisions.
- HIGH SCHOOL COUNSELORS spend less time on administration and more time helping students navigate the admissions process.
- COLLEGES identify, better understand, and engage with students who are considering applying to their school.
SCOIR has significant funding from strategic (non-VC) investors and a leadership team that has built successful technology-enabled companies.
SCOIR is currently undergoing rapid growth and looking to hire people who are interested in solving complex problems and positively impacting people's lives.
They are now seeking an experienced Product Manager to join their team.
The role requires someone who can drive the vision, strategy, design and execution of SCOIR products. As an advocate for users and the bridge between technical and business worlds, you will need to continuously gather and balance diverse perspectives and priorities as you define product services and features that our users will love. You will need to coordinate closely with executive leadership, marketing, business development, client support, product design and product engineering teams while guiding all aspects of products from conception to launch.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct primary and secondary research to deeply understand users’ wants, needs, concerns and daily activities, and assist in the creation of a customer-centric vision narrative
- Curate requests and ideas, evaluate impact potential, and define product roadmap towards achieving long-term vision with incremental benefits and gains
- Manage the collaborated creation of product features, designs, specifications and requirements to maximize development velocity
- Define rollout strategy of new products and features to make the education and onboarding experience incredibly easy
- Identify and analyze metrics that enable rapid, data-driven iteration to continuously improve product-market fit
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with bringing software products and services to market in a product management role
- Curious, empathetic and obsessively data-driven, with a bias for action and iteration
- Process-oriented with keen ability to break-down complex problems into discreet, actionable steps
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively coordinate activity, control quality, and manage deadlines across multi-functional teams
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to succeed in an innovative, fast paced environment
Compensation includes competitive market salary, full company-paid individual or family health insurance premium (Gold PPO), 401k with 4% matching, open vacation policy, tricked-out workstations, and options.