UI/UX Product Designer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Azavea is a Philadelphia-based B Corporation (explanation) that is seeking to expand their software development team. The company specializes in building web or mobile tools and applications that enable the visualization of geographic data, with a heavy focus on projects with strong social and civic value. Clients include local government, non-profit, and academic entities from across the US.
Azavea is looking for ambitious designers experienced in conceptualizing, designing, and building high-quality web and mobile applications. Their work solves challenging problems that have a big social impact: building a better a transit planning tool for the World Bank; designing a sleek mobile app to make finding voting information easier; making stormwater analysis tools for conservation planners, and making climate change data more useful to local decision-makers.
Azavea takes a design-first approach, which means the UI/UX Design Team is involved in every aspect of their projects, from helping clients think critically about the problems they’re trying to address to solving these problems through clean and sophisticated design. The team brings together a wide range of skills, but the core mission is solving real-life problems that serve the public.
What you’ll do:
- Brainstorm, sketch, and wireframe with internal teams and clients
- Create beautiful, responsive interfaces that engage and excited users using the Adobe Creative Suite and other modern software
- Attend and facilitate persona development sessions and workshops with clients
- Build stand-out user experiences that help make the world a better place
What sets Azavea apart:
- Their brightly lit Philadelphia office is close to public transit and Reading Terminal Market (plus they reimburse bike and public transportation costs)
- A company culture that emphasizes a healthy work-life balance, including the occasional happy hour, ping-pong tournament, and board game night
- An emphasis on building the design community by hosting regular events in their meet-up space, as well as attending and speaking at local events
- All designers get a MacBook Pro with two widescreen, high-definition monitors, plus whatever accessories you want or need
Azavea offers a salary commensurate with skills and experience and a benefits package that includes: profit-sharing bonus, health, dental, vision, retirement plan, flexible hours, and more.
Azavea welcomes qualified candidates from all walks of life and value diversity, and we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, military service, disability unrelated to job requirements, marital status, or domestic partner status.